Monatsarchiv: Januar 2010
Eingeordnet unter 2010
A fateful day out
The descent was very nice, and soon we found ourselves on the rindo approaching Wada Toge from the north. No hints of snow or ice, and all the autumn leaves gone. James and I went for our second training race. I didn’t have to wait long for him at Wada Toge, but this time Steve and MOB took quite a bit longer than the first time. The witch and her husband gave us some distraction as we were waiting.
Positivo Espresso Team Rules, Draft #1
1. Orange (or other brightly colored) kit is strongly encouraged, but under no circumstances should a member feel obliged to wear the Dutch national kit.
2. Training = Ride lots.
3. Gym (or any indoor) training should be done „on the quiet.“
4. White bibshorts not encouraged. Too homoerotic.
5. No beards, except during December through February, or while recovering from (1) an accident, (2) loss of a U.S. Presidential election (must have been candidate of a major party in the general election — primaries do not count), or (3) white collar criminal indictment.
6. If male teammate insists on wearing a necklace or chain of any type, must be kept hidden.
7. Official recovery drink is beer, especially for returns to Tokyo via train.
8. No sleeveless jerseys (a.k.a. „wife beaters“). Exception for Jerome only in July/August.
9. No „short shorts.“ Exception for Jerome only, March to October.
10. No discussion of mountain bikes except to compare unfavorably to road bikes. (The „keep James quiet“ rule).
11. Tradition requires at least one futile diversion per ride with Michael K. Permitted examples: (1) Mitake-san cable car entrance, (2) Nenogongen hilltop temple, (3) Shiroyama Dam, (4) Rte 76 spur South of Doshimichi, or (5) Matsuhime bypass tunnel (only prior to road completion).
12. No copying the „Eurocyclist“ rules.
13. At least one JCRC Champion each year — D Class or better.
14. Aurore Bakery, Oume.
15. Members are encouraged to take team kit — at least jersey — on overseas trips for photo opportunities in exotic locations.
16. Shin-nen-kai — Restaurant Davis, Takanawa.
17. Recruit women riders, please!
18. No mention of rides less than 100 km, unless (1) race warm-up, (2) post-race warm-down, (3) time trial, or (3) involves climbing more than 2000 meters elevation.
19. For morning departures as a „train“ of riders heads out of Tokyo – Ebisu, Futako, Sekidobashi, etc., no more than 5 minute wait.
20. Convenience store policy — Seven Eleven only. (Exceptions to come).
21. Never buy anything from the witch of Wada Pass.
22. Please eat at kind Mrs. Watanabe’s countryside establishment. Examples — the cafeteria at Okutama-ko (add link), the ramen shop just over the west side of Otarumi, past Takao, the Manjyu-shop on Rte. 35 SW from Uenohara, (others).
23. Assos, Rapha and F2P?
24. When discussing Positivo Espresso, always refer to the „B“ team. There is no „A“ team. We also have a „C“ team.
Eingeordnet unter Uncategorized
Tour de France 2009 – Résumé / Highlights
„The final stage is all about enjoying the arrival in Paris and then contesting the bout for stage honors but by the time the peloton reaches the French capital the fight for the yellow jersey had already concluded. Alberto Contador would end the 21st stage in 97th place but first overall. He is the second Spanish rider to claim more than one titles in the Tour de France, successfully backing up after his previous appearance and victory in 2007. The final stage, however, provided Mark Cavendish with another chance to show that he is indeed the fastest man in the world when it comes to sprinter. If you ever doubted it, watch the finale of stage 21 and again and count the time it takes for the rest of the riders to cross the line his nearest rival was the Australian lead-out master Mark Renshaw who celebrated an emphatic victory, the sixth for the Columbia team all of them claimed by Cavendish.“
Dominic sent me this link and I thought it was too good to not post. It was pretty good last year. A resurgence. This year will be better. Can’t wait.
Genius And Informative?
Print it out, laminate it and bring it to class boys and girls~!
The Powercranks are here and on the bike! Initial impressions … will be added in comments. David L.
What say you Mr. Litt?
Eingeordnet unter Uncategorized
Positivo Espresso Rulebook
Good point by Ludwig. And further elaborated during our club ride yesterday in the mountains of …somewhere. We definitely are in need of a Positivo Espresso Rulebook so that we know what we are talking about when we say „Convinience Store “ [defined as approved 7-Elevens, Lawsons and Family Mart] as opposed to shops [Daily Yamazaki et al.]. I suggest that we all come prepared with some good proposals to the club meeting on Thursday and combine them into a thick volume.
Tsukino Ride Report
Just thought I would let you know Tsukino has posted a ride report on the blog here.
Normally on the weekend we ride about 20km along the river that runs through Tsurugamine but recently I have discovered a closed road that is less than a year old and totally devoid of traffic, also at the end of it is a huge car park again totally abandoned and perfect for Tsukino to train without the worry of traffic.
Anyway head over to the blog to get the full ride report and more photos.
Who’s in for a little Miura Loop tomorrow?
Miura Loop tomorrow?
The idea is to do a slow ride circumnavigating the peninsula. Therefore even members out of shape (MOB, etc.) or still far removed from peak form (James, etc.) are welcome to join this one.
Eingeordnet unter Tom